"Here are a few tips to start off with:
• Eat plenty of fiber and antioxidant rich foods. Antioxidants protect the gut lining, and fiber cleanses the digestive tract.
• Regularly consume foods like yogurt, kefir, natto, sauerkraut, and fermented vegetables. They contain natural sources of probiotics.
• Avoid constipation! A stagnant colon is a breeding ground for unfriendly gut bacteria, which could compromise the gut lining. A stagnant colon also holds in more toxins.
• Decrease your alcohol intake or avoid it altogether, as it can damage the intestinal lining.
• Test for food allergies and modify your diet accordingly.
• Eat prebiotic-rich foods like asparagus, onions, garlic, and artichokes. Prebiotics nourish friendly gut bacteria."
The Life Extension Blog: Is a “Leaky Gut” Making you Sick?